You’ll surely AVO good time making these!
What’s a versatile fruit that goes well with both sweet and savory dishes? The first fruit that we can think of is AVOCADOS. Not only is it rich and creamy, but it’s packed with nutrients and has a couple of health benefits as well.
Since it’s avocado season, why not make this fruit a staple item at home and try these delicious recipes – they’re beginner friendly too!
This classic Mexican avocado-based dip is super simple to make! It’s best paired with any chips you have at home.
Here’s the recipe from Bon Appetit,
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 siling haba, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- chips (for serving)
1. In a bowl, mash avocados and combine with onion, chili, garlic, lemon juice, salt and cilantro.
2. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
3. Serve with chips!
Es Alpukat is an Indonesian coffee and avocado smoothie that’s a perfect summer treat! You get your caffeine fix and a chocolatey sweetness with just one sip.
Here’s the recipe from Indonesian Cooking 101,
- 12 ice cubes
- 2 ripe avocados, cubed
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- chocolate syrup
- 1 cup of brewed coffee (optional)
1. Place all ingredients except the syrup in a blender then process until smooth. Once done, add extra condensed milk to your preferred taste. Mix well.
2. Prepare 2 glasses by drizzling chocolate syrup on the sides. Be creative!
3. Pour the avocado shake into 2 glasses. Serve!
Mashed avocado on toast? A classic! Whether served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this dish is surely a win.
Here’s the recipe from Cooking Light,
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- sprinkle of kosher salt
- sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
- whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt, for topping
- red pepper flakes, for topping
1. In a bowl, mash avocado and combine with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. 2. Spread avocado mixture on toasted bread. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and red pepper flakes.
Since it’s avocado season, why not switch up your float recipe by using fresh avocados!
Here’s the recipe from Mama’s Guide Recipes,
- 4 large ripe avocado, puréed
- 200g crushed graham crackers
- 1 pack all-purpose cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed grahams
- 2 avocado, sliced for garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine cream, condensed milk, avocado puree and mix well.
2. Prepare a tub or plastic container. Then, line the bottom of each tubs with crushed graham about 1 1/2″ thick.
3. Pour in about an inch thick avocado mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle it with crushed graham on top for the final layer. Add some fresh slices of avocado on top for garnish!
4. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight. Serve cold and enjoy!
Avocado Rice Bowl
This dish is packed with nutrients and flavor! Not only that, you get to choose your choice of protein. Chicken, pork or seafood, it’s totally up to you!
- Protein of your choice
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons scallions (sliced)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 fried egg
- lemon or lime wedge
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place rice into your bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Top with scallions.
2. Season your avocado slices with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon or lime. Add to the bowl.
3. Top with the protein of your choice. Then, top with fried egg. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle with hot sauce and serve!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Not all desserts are deadly! This Chocolate Avocado Pudding is guiltfree and you’ll only need 5 ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry. It’s that simple.
Here’s the recipe from Leanne Weaver,
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup caocao powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Serve and enjoy!
Pasta lovers, this one’s for you. Level up your carbonara dish by adding avocados. With this, the consistency of your sauce will be creamier! YUM.
Here’s the recipe from Tasty,
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (120mL)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (55g), grated
- 3 strips bacon
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti (225g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Blend avocado, egg yolk, garlic, and lemon juice in a powerful blender or food processor.
2. Pulse to blend and add heavy cream gradually. Blend the sauce until smooth and set aside.
3. Cut up strips of bacon and cook in a large pan. Set aside.
4. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
5. Drain and coat with olive oil.
6. Add sauce, bacon, parmesan, salt and pepper, stirring until well-combined.
7. Serve and sprinkle with parmesan. Enjoy!
Poke means “to slice or cut” in Hawaiian which refers to the diced raw tuna that’s served over a bed of rice and other fresh ingredients like avocado, seaweed and sesame seeds.
Here’s the recipe from Sweet Tea and Thyme,
- For the marinade:
- 10 oz sushi-grade ahi tuna, diced into bite sized cubes
- 1/4 cup (59 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 cups (636 g) cooked and chilled long grain white rice or sushi rice
- For the spicy mayo:
- 1/4 cup (58 g) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp-2 tbsp (12 g-37 g) sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) toasted sesame oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Topping suggestions:
- mango chunks
- tobiko, fish roe
- seasame seeds
- anything you want!
1. In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and toasted sesame oil. Add in tuna and gently stir to cover the tuna in the marinade. Set the bowl of marinating tuna aside for 10-15 minutes and prepare toppings.
2. To make spicy mayo, whisk together mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, toasted sesame oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Pour into a squeeze bottle or keep in the small bowl, wrapped in plastic wrap. Keep in fridge until ready to serve.
3. To serve, scoop rice into your serving bowls, about one cup per person. Add the marinated tuna and your prepared toppings to your poke bowl, then drizzle with the spicy mayo.
4. Eat immediately.
Avocado Egg Roll
Who would’ve thought that wrapping avocados in egg roll wrappers makes an addicting snack? It’s even one of Cheesecake Factory’s iconic dishes!
Here’s the recipe from Sam Dabbles,
- 4 avocados skinned, de-seeded, chopped into chunks
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped fine
- 3 tbsp red onion chopped fine
- egg roll wrappers
- 3 cups olive oil
1. In a large bowl gently mix the avocado, sun-dried tomato, red onion, and cilantro until just combined.
2. Lay out an egg roll wrapper. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the avocado mixture onto the center of the wrapper, fold, set aside, and repeat until all the avocado mixture is used.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet until shimmering. Gently place each of your prepared egg rolls into the oil. Fry for about 30 seconds, flip, and repeat with the rest of the egg rolls. Place the egg rolls on a paper towel.
4. Serve and enjoy.
Instead of making deviled eggs, try using avocados as the base! It will definitely make this dish even creamier.
Here’s the recipe from Delish,
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- Sriracha, for garnish
- crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- finely chopped chives, for garnish
1. Remove egg yolks from whites and place yolks in a medium bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, and mustard until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Chop egg whites into small bits and fold into yolk mixture. Scoop out flesh from the lower half of each piece of avocado and smash in a small bowl. Stir smashed avocado into egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Fill half scooped avocado shells with avocado-egg mixture. Drizzle with Sriracha and top with red pepper flakes and chives.
We know you loved using the Booky app for discovering the newest places in your city. Given these extraordinary times, we want to continue being helpful so check out our updated food delivery guide, where to shop for groceries online, and more.